Watford Football Club’s Community Sports and Education Trust are now actively recruiting primary schools for their delivery of the national programme – Premier League Primary Stars, offering a discount for readers of this article. Premier League Primary Stars uses the appeal of the Premier League and professional football clubs to inspire children to learn, be active, and develop important life skills. Available to every primary school in England and Wales, it inspires girls and boys aged five to eleven years old in the classroom, the playground, and on the sports field.
During the most recent term – September to December – over nine hundred primary school pupils across Hertfordshire and Harrow have benefitted from the Premier League Primary Stars programme, delivered locally by the Trust. In a survey following delivery of the programme, pupils reported the following:
- 98.2% stated that their ability to work as part of a team had improved.
- 95.9% stated that their PLPS coach had helped them get better at movement.
The programme also supports teacher education, whereby Trust coaches work with the teacher to improve their skills and confidence when delivering Physical Education (PE) sessions. In term one of this academic year, the twenty-eight teachers engaged reported the following via a post-delivery survey:
- 100%, stated that their confidence to deliver PE and their ability to deliver effective PE lessons increased or stayed the same.
- 95% stated they strongly agreed/agreed that they have the skills to plan and deliver effective PE lessons.
- 100% strongly agreed/agreed that they engage and inspire their class in a positive learning experience following on from our delivery.
If your school would like to be involved in Premier League Primary Stars please contact Lou Barry by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can claim a ten percent discount on your package by referencing this article. You can find out more about our work on this website or follow @WFCTrust on social media.