*Full job descriptions and application forms for all positions are to the right of this section*
50/50 Matchday Raffle Seller
Location: Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Herts
Position: Casual – every home matchday
Salary: Commission Based
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: Ongoing
Watford FC Community Sports & Education Trust are currently recruiting sellers to join their Match day 50/50 Raffle Team. The successful candidate will be confident and outgoing and enjoy the challenge of selling to the public.
The role involves;
- Selling 50/50 raffle tickets in and around Vicarage Road Stadium on a match day prior to kick off.
- Sellers should arrive two hours prior to kick off, and finish once the game has kicked off.
- Sellers are set a target number of tickets to sell, normally 150+ per match once you are an established seller.
- Following kick-off, all takings and unsold tickets are handed back to the Team Supervisor to be totalled up.
- Sellers earn an initial rate of £7.05 per hour (exclusive of holiday pay) with the opportunity to earn additional commission based on the number of tickets sold.
- Additional incentives will be offered to sellers who regularly hit their target e.g. a ticket to the game.
Sellers will ideally be available to work all home games, however if you are unavailable you will need to notify the team supervisor at least one week before hand.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit. We will require proof of ID e.g. passport, should you be invited for a trial game and are successful. The minimum age for sellers is 16 years and Under 18s are required to complete a parental consent form.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to Tamora Burford at Tamora.Burford@watfordfc.com, or for more information call 01923 496225.
Deadline for applications is ongoing.
Hourly sessional rate (variable)
Do you want to make a positive difference to young peoples’ lives? Do you want to work for an organisation whose staff are passionate about improving lives and enhancing communities, through the power of sport and education?
Watford FC’s Community Sports and Education Trust are seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed coaches to join our team and help support and deliver an array of high quality provision across Hertfordshire and the London boroughs of Harrow and Hillingdon including curriculum and after school sessions, holiday course and matchday events, girls and women’s specific projects and disability multi-sports activities.
The applicants will need have a flexible approach to work, with evening and weekend projects a possibility. This position is for a casual worker, with hours varying according to assignments.
Qualifications and Requirements
• A minimum FA Level 1 in Coaching Football working towards FA Level 2 in Coaching Football (we may at times look for assistant coaches with a minimum FA Level 1 in Coaching Football)
• Any other relevant National Governing Body (NGB) sport related certificates/qualifications
• Hold a valid FA Safeguarding Children Workshop and FA Emergency First Aid certificate
• Hold a clean driving licence and have access to a vehicle
• Ability to work during the school day, evening weekends and/or school holidays
• Willingness to learn and develop coaching skills
• Good communication and leadership skills
• Knowledge of planning and delivering high quality sessions within a safe learning environment
• Knowledge and experience to work independently and collaboratively
• Knowledge and experience of working/coaching within a school environment
• Knowledge and experience of working with grassroots level
• Knowledge and experience of working with community initiatives
• Knowledge and experience of monitoring and evaluation
To download an application form please see the right of this section.
Watford FC’s Community Sports and Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All successful candidates will be subject to the Trust’s Safer Recruitment process and Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this role.