The Trust and Whitmore High School have joined up to offer this successful Football & Education Scheme. This exciting partnership gives players between the ages of 16 and 19 the chance to combine practical football experience with academic studies. This package is a fantastic opportunity for young males who are keen to develop their football talent to progress into a higher level of football, or alternatively progress onto university, football coaching or other areas in the sports industry.
The course offers UEFA qualified coaching and education provided at an ‘outstanding’ rated school, giving players the opportunity to fulfil their playing and academic potential in the best environment possible. Players will all receive free Watford FC training and match kit once enrolled.
- Monday and Tuesday -Training sessions on our fantastic 3G facility.
- Wednesdays – Match Days; fixtures in competitive leagues and cups against other clubs, schools and/or colleges.
- Thursdays – Recovery session and match feedback.
Education (Academic and Coaching)
- Study a BTEC Level 2 or 3 in Sport – With our excellent academic provision, students on the course are consistently making the top 10% for progress nationally! – ALPS report
- Support with Level One in Coaching Football qualification and other qualifications if appropriate.
Employability / Volunteering
- Players can gain further experience by volunteering at the Watford FC CSE Trust on our numerous community programmes.
- If qualified, players can potentially become employed as a Casual Coach for the Trust and earn money whilst on the course.
There is also numerous links with outside professionals who are invited to meet the players and give an insight into possible routes to take after the course. This may include Watford FC player appearances, members of local Football Associations, representatives from Soccer Scholarships in USA, Personal Trainers and many more. Ex-players or university placement students also return to give their experiences on the course and what life is like on particular sports degrees that may be of interest to them.
For more information or to register your interest please contact Brima Johnson on 0208 421 4676 or email email@example.com
Development League against other professional club’s schemes or organised showcase matches. Applicants should be keen to learn and develop to give them the very best possible chance of recognising their potential.
Alongside player development, Trust staff aim to ensure all squads continue their academic studies to give them opportunities away from playing proffessionally.
The Education Scheme currently offers a number of benefits:
- Level 2 and 3 BTEC Sport qualifications.
- 6 Hours professional coaching plus competitive weekly games programme.
- FREE Full Watford Training and playing kit.
- Exclusive rewards such as match tickets, training ground visits, guest speakers etc
- Links with Professional/Semi-professional teams /American scholarships links
- Coaching badges, DBS checks, First Aid qualification
- Opportunity to gain paid working hours within the Watford FC CSE Trust
AND MANY MORE!