The Trust and Whitmore High School have joined up to offer this successful Football & Education Scheme. This exciting partnership gives players between the ages of 16 and 19 the chance to combine practical football experience with academic studies. This package is a fantastic opportunity for young males who are keen to develop their football talent to progress into a higher level of football, or alternatively progress onto university, football coaching or other areas in the sports industry.
The course offers UEFA qualified coaching and education provided at an ‘outstanding’ Ofsted rated school, giving players the opportunity to fulfil their playing and academic potential in the best environment possible. Players will all receive free Watford FC training and match kit once enrolled.
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday – Training sessions on our fantastic 3G facility, sports hall or gym.
- Wednesdays – Match Days; fixtures in the CEFA league (EFL League).
Education (Academic and Coaching)
- Study a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport – With our excellent academic provision, students on the course are consistently making the top 10% for progress nationally! – ALPS report.
Employability / Volunteering
- Players can gain further experience by volunteering at the Watford FC CSE Trust on our numerous community programmes.
- Paid coaching opportunities with the Community Trust when qualified.
- Guest speakers from Watford FC/Trust, American Scholarships. Ex students or university placement students also return to give their experiences on the course and what life is like on particular sports degrees that may be of interest to them.
For more information or to register your interest please contact Brima Johnson on 0208 421 4676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should be keen to learn and develop to give them the best possible chance of reaching their full potential.
Alongside player development, Trust staff aim to ensure all squads continue their academic studies to give them opportunities away from playing professionally.
The Education Scheme currently offers a number of benefits:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport.
- 6 Hours professional coaching plus competitive weekly games programme.
- FREE Full Watford Training and playing kit.
- Exclusive rewards such as match tickets, training ground visits, guest speakers etc.
- Links with Professional/Semi-professional teams /American scholarships.
- Coaching badges, DBS checks, First Aid qualification.
- Opportunity to gain paid working hours within the Watford FC CSE Trust.
AND MANY MORE!