Social Prescribing Service for Children and Young People
What is Youth Link?
Youth Link is a social prescribing service which creates connections and links Children and Young People to relevant and safe non-clinical provisions that can improve skills and provide support for health and wellbeing. Youth Link encourages the Child or Young person to work with the support network with the intention of developing reliable relationships.
Youth Link is for Children and Young People that are:
- Aged 10–24.
- Registered with a doctor within the West Herts area (Watford/Three Rivers/Dacorum/Hertsmere/St Albans).
- Looking for support, information, and direction regarding how to improve their physical and emotional health and wellbeing, but are unsure of where to go and may face various social, economic, or environmental barriers to access that support.
- In need of support with problems such as feeling isolated, living with a persistent low mood or a health condition, advice for a personal situation, struggling with carer responsibilities, or who want to improve physical or emotional health.
How does Youth Link support Children and Young People?
- Youth link is free to access.
- We will work with the individual Child/Young Person.
- We will find tailored support for the individual needs – this can range from physical activity, advice, counselling, health support, social activities, education/training opportunities, volunteering opportunities, employment opportunities and much more.
- Six meetings (face-to-face/Zoom/telephone) plus check-ins and reviews to find the support for the individual’s needs and create a Youth Link Action plan to access that support.
How can you access Youth Link?
If you are a young person, parent/carer, referring partner (such as a GP, teacher, other service, health provider, youth mentor or worker) download and fill out the relevant form (right).
If you need the form in another format, support in filling out the form, or need more information, contact our part-time Health and Wellbeing Officer, Stephen: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07510 927 143*
*Note this line is not available 24/7 and working hours vary. If you need immediate help to keep yourself or others safe, please call NHS 111, your GP, or go to your local Accident & Emergency department. If you feel yourself or others are at imminent risk of physical harm, please call 999.
Are you a referring partner?
Youth Link aims to work with various sectors in our local community to create connections to relevant and safe provisions for Children and Young People. Are you a physical activity provider? Advice service? Counselling/therapy service? Social support service? Social activity provider? Youth mentor? Youth club? Education/training provider? Have employment or volunteering opportunities? Or are another service which will support or provide opportunities for Children and Young people aged between 10–24? We would love to hear from you!
We want to support Children and Young People to access your programmes/services. To find out more about Youth Link and how to partner with us, contact Stephen on the details above. You can also check out our Youth Link Partner Information Sheet (right).
For more general information about Social Prescribing in the Herts area:
Visit https://hertsvalleysccg.nhs.uk/your-services/local-services/social-prescribing for more information on Adult Social Prescribing