Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
This Trust is an award-winning charity, with a network of over 60 active volunteers who work across the Trust’s 30+ projects.
In this role you will manage all aspects of the Trust’s volunteer activities, including volunteer recruitment and engagement, ensuring that volunteers benefit as much as possible from their time at the Trust.
You will assist the Trust’s Fundraising & Partnerships Manager with a range of fundraising responsibilities, primarily across individual giving and events.
The ideal candidate will have experience of successfully managing a network of volunteers, as well as at least one year’s experience in a paid or voluntary fundraising role.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Responsible for the recruitment and induction of new volunteers. Providing a highly personalised and flexible approach, taking time to understand the individual needs and skills of each volunteer to ensure the best fit within the Trust.
- Arrange regular communication with the volunteers to keep them up to date with Trust activities and ensure they are engaged.
- Strategically planning new ways of recruiting new volunteers.
- Organising and managing volunteer week, using this as an opportunity to recognise the work of Trust volunteers both internally and externally.
- Assisting the Fundraising & Partnerships Manager across all areas of fundraising, predominantly assisting with individual giving and fundraising events
- Supporting with regular communication to all supporters and partners, including newsletters, emails and social media.
- Helping to organise and manage fundraising events that take place throughout the year, including bespoke Trust events and third-party fundraising events and activities. This includes attending events as and when required.
- To support with the development, promotion and supporter engagement of all new fundraising initiatives as and when required.
You Must Have (Essential)
- Knowledge & Experience of recruiting, training and supporting volunteers including vetting and safeguarding procedures.
- Previous fundraising experience.
- Organisation and administrative skills, with ability to develop effective processes to meet organisational goals, prioritise tasks and manage multiple deadlines.
- Good IT skills. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with the ability to learn new programmes quickly.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- A high level of discretion in dealing with personal contacts and information.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating a genuine interest in people, with ability to understand and engage with personal motivations and interests.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and show good judgement and initiative.
- Full, current, clean driving license and daily access to a car.
You will ideally have (Desirable)
- Experience using a Fundraising CRM system.
- An understanding of Trust’s mission and a passion for, and commitment to, working in the charity and philanthropy sector.
- Relevant experience in events organisation & management
- Well-developed customer service skills and the ability to build good working relationships within the Trust and with supporters and funders.
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holiday’s
- Great Trust pension scheme
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Watford FC Community Sport & Education Trust as the Volunteer & Fundraising Officer download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form and equal opportunities form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Stephen McCarthy – Business Support Officer, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER.
- If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.