Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity, and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas; Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, and these are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your Role:
We are seeking to recruit a passionate person with creative thinking and excellent organisational skills to join our school sports team.
You will coordinate and deliver within our school’s programmes (including PL Primary Stars and Joy of Moving – Move & Learn) and core related activities. Working closely with the school sports team to increase delivery of our school-based provision across Hertfordshire and Harrow.
Your Roles and Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Providing high quality educational delivery, both PE, coaching based, and non- PE based to local primary school pupils in line with our project’s values and structure.
- Ensure that coaching sessions delivered in schools are in line with the primary school curriculum and OFSTED guidelines.
- Ensure the teacher education for Premier League Primary Stars has the desired impact, by tailoring delivery to fit the needs of each teacher.
- Complete administration tasks related to the school programmes and provision, including designing high quality sessions plans, producing after school letters, generating school service level contracts, creating impact examples and inputting data on data management systems.
- Ensure the team reaches their overall targets across the academic year.
- Liaise with the School Sport Manager to build new and existing positive relationships with schools to generate sustainable income for the organisation.
- Recruit and develop casual coaches, liaising with the School Sports Manager and / or School Sports Project Manager on relevant CPD for all casual coaches.
- Coach on holiday courses, match day packages and player development centres.
You must have:
- Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football.
- Working towards achieving or have the Level 3 Certificate in the delivery of Physical Education and School Sport Award (AFPE).
- Experience of working with primary and secondary school age groups of all abilities in a school environment.
- Experience of developing and educating teachers in a PE environment
- Experience of managing or supervising staff/volunteers.
- Proficient IT skills (Microsoft Office).
- Proven experience in project/event management.
- Skills in report writing to external funders.
- Understanding of the Trust commitment to EDI & Safeguarding.
- Flexible approach to working some evening and weekends.
Benefits in working for us:
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are determined to utilise the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Friendly working environment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Investors in People accreditation
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holiday’s
- Trust pension scheme
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a role to play, to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed.
- If you would like to work for Watford FC CSE Trust as the School Sports Project Officer, download an application form located on this page.
- Please send completed application form and equal opportunities form to email@example.com
- If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Tracy Bambrough, HR Manager on Tracy.Bambrough@watfordfc.com