Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you a team player who is passionate about providing a high-quality service to customers and is proud to give business support to colleagues and volunteers at a well-respected and dynamic charity?
You will provide comprehensive and professional support, ensuring that the Trust is able to continue to make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Being the first point of contact for customers, dealing with general email enquiries, phone calls, resolve issues relating to website bookings, etc.
- Provide support and supervision for new and existing volunteers to ensure they are matched to appropriate opportunities and feel valued and engaged.
- Provide a range of support services to colleagues across the Trust, such as helping with audits and assist with data inputting.
- Provide support and guidance to colleagues regarding the use of existing and new IT systems/software.
- Maintain asset registers relating to IT, mobile phones and sports equipment/kit.
- Coordinate the diary and service/maintenance requirements of the Trust’s vehicles (van/mini buses).
- Provide specific administrative support to the Finance Manager and Officer.
- Provide general administration support to the HR Manager.
You Must Have:
- Experience in a business administration role, providing high quality support services.
- Experience in using Administration systems and handling personal data confidentially, in line with GDPR regulations.
- Good working knowledge of organisational processes and procedures.
- Experience of working under pressure, meeting deadlines and prioritising workload.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills to enhance working relationships both internally and externally.
- Good IT skills using Microsoft packages, and data management systems.
- Show initiative, problem solve and be confident offering new ideas to develop the organisation.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in completing tasks.
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- A relevant accredited qualification in business administration/customer service.
- Knowledge and experience around Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Safeguarding.
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Friendly working environment.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Investors in People accreditation.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres.
- Flexible working environment.
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holidays.
- Trust pension scheme.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust as the Business Support Officer download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Trust Recruitment, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER.
- If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Karen Stephanou at Karen.email@example.com