Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you a team player who is passionate about providing business support to colleagues at a well-respected and dynamic charity?
You will provide comprehensive and high-quality support, ensuring that the Trust’s business support needs are met in a professional, effective, and efficient manner.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Providing proactive administrative and broader business support to the senior leadership team.
- Managing and maintaining the Trust’s systems and databases (HR/Administration) and supporting staff with our Coach Management system, ensuring that all documentation is up to date.
- Helping to compile evidence for audits relating to governance, quality assurance and equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Organising and managing elements of the recruitment of staff such as; advertising, shortlisting, corresponding with applicants and sending out casual workers contracts.
- Ensuring that all recruitment processes and procedures are consistently followed.
- Running the induction process for new staff, as well as exit interviews for leavers.
- Ensuring new joiner documents are recorded and monitored on appropriate systems and that accurate information is shared with finance staff to assist with our payroll function.
- Overseeing staff records in relation to annual leave, sickness, PDR’s, etc.
- Overseeing the Trust training directory and updating the staff training log.
- Providing feedback and recommendations on the Trust’s business support services, processes, and procedures, to improve the Trust’s operational effectiveness.
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with colleagues, including working closely with staff in the Club’s HR department.
Communicating with members of the public on a range of matters, providing high quality customer service.
You Must Have:
- Significant experience in a Business Administration role, providing support services for an organisation.
- Experience of supporting with end to end recruitment of staff including sitting on interview panels.
- Experience of managing HR/Administration systems or databases to maintain personnel information.
- Proven experience of handling personal data confidentially, in line with GDPR Regulations.
- Good working knowledge of organisational processes and procedures.
- Experience of working under pressure, meeting deadlines and prioritising workload.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills to enhance working relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) for data management, planning and reporting purposes.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in completing tasks.
- A full and valid UK Driving Licence and access to a vehicle, due to the demands of the role.
- A relevant accredited qualification in business administration.
- Current in-date Safeguarding and First Aid qualifications (or be willing to undertake).
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days (pro-rata) of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holiday’s
- Trust pension scheme
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Watford FC Community Sports & Education Trust as the Business Support Officer download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form , cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role (Only send CV’s if there is additional information that’s not in your application form) via email to email@example.com or by post to Sophie Read – Business Support Officer, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER. If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Sophie Read, Business Support Officer, on 01923 496352.