Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas; Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, and these are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
‘Kicks’ is our Premier League’s flagship community project, using the power of football and sport to inspire young people in areas of high need.
Are you passionate to work with and engage young people aged 8 to 18 year olds to help them to achieve their full potential and improve their well-being?
You will be working with our committed PL Kicks team to build a stronger, safer and more inclusive environment within the community.
We welcome applications from anyone regardless of their age, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or beliefs or sexual orientation.
Your roles and responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Plan and deliver inspiring, interactive, and engaging sport and youth club sessions for young people from 8–18 years old
- Provide a safe and fun environment for young people to meet new friends, develop skills and improve their mental and physical wellbeing
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with young people, parents, staff, and local partners
- Encourage young people to take advantage of volunteering opportunities and social action projects to give back to the local community
- Select suitable young people to represent the Community Trust in tournaments and events
- Help to break down barriers between young people and the police
- Support the education of young people on current issues through workshops and youth forums
You must have:
- Understanding of the Trust commitment to EDI & safeguarding
- Ability to develop positive relationships with young people
- Ability to work as part of a team and maintain good working relationships
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude, always looking for solutions to problems or issues
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated to make a difference within the community
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills to adapt to different age groups and stakeholders
You ideally would have:
- Minimum FA Level 1 in Football Coaching or the new FA Introduction to Coaching award
- A recognised Youth Work qualification
- Proven track record of working with hard-to-reach young people
- Understanding of and a commitment to health & safety, equal opportunities and data protection policies and procedures
- Understand the importance of and deliver best practice when working with hard-to-reach young people
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle
- A flexible approach to work and be able to work unsociable hours (including some evenings and weekends)
Benefits in working for us:
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are determined to utilise the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good
- Friendly working environment
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working environment
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a role to play, to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed.
- If you would like to work for Watford FC CSE Trust as a Casual Coach, download an application form located on this page.
- Please send completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact