Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas; Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, and these are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Meriden Community Centre offers a wide range of programmes and services to local people of all ages.
You will oversee a team of staff to deliver an outstanding customer experience, promoting new income generated activities and lettings whilst ensuring the centre standards maintain consistently high.
- Prepare quarterly reports on the running and operation of the centre for the Management Board, which includes key stakeholders
- Contributing to and implementing the centre’s business plan
- Drive new customers & sales initiatives through ‘heat map’ planning
- To manage and support the ‘Meriden staff team’ to maximise productivity through Personal development plans
- To be financially smart with all aspects of the centre’s operations
- To attend and participate in meetings with internal staff, and to develop and progress relationships with key external stakeholders
- To be in charge for all monitoring and evaluation of the centre’s use
- Ensure the facilities are well maintained, including the floodlit astroturf pitch
- Continue to develop the strong relationships that currently exist with funders and key stakeholders
- To carry any additional work and duties as required that meet the needs of the business
You must have:
- Experience of working within a community centre setting where you have demonstrated outstanding customer service.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing the legal health & safety requirements related to running a facility.
- A good knowledge of managing and reviewing budgets.
- Experience of managing and motivating staff and volunteers.
- First Aid Qualification and Safeguarding Qualification.
- Effective communication at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise effectively to meet deadlines.
Benefits in working for us:
- You will have the opportunity to work alongside a high-quality delivery team, benefitting from a range of training and development opportunities
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Join our Trust pension scheme
- If you would like to work at Meriden Community Centre as the Community Centre Manager download an application form located on this page.
- Please send completed application form and equal opportunities form to email@example.com
- If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be. We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.