Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas; Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, and these are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Meriden Community Centre offers a wide range of programmes and services to local people of all ages. Your role will be to oversee a team of staff to deliver an outstanding customer experience. Ensuring the day to day centre standards are consistently high and boost the development of, and promote, new income generated activities and lettings in the centre.
- You will help to provide for and sustain a local management board to assist in the running and operation of the centre, and reporting back to relevant funders
- Implementing the centre’s business plan
- Driving new customers & gym sales initiatives through sales planning
- To manage and help the ‘Meriden staff team’ to maximise productivity through Personal development plans
- To be financially smart with all aspects of the centre’s operations
- To attend and participate in meetings with internal staff, and to develop and progress relationships with key external stakeholders
- To be in charge for all monitoring and evaluation of the centre’s use
- Ensure the facilities are well maintained, including the floodlit astroturf pitch and strong relationships exist with the pitch monitoring company
- To carry any additional work and duties as required that meet the needs of the business
You must have:
- Knowledge and experience in implementing the legal health & safety requirements related to running a facility
- Experience of working within a community centre setting with excellent customer care skills
- A good knowledge of managing and probing budgets
- Experience of supervising and motivating staff and volunteers
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Effective communication at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise effectively to meet deadlines
Benefits in working for us:
- You will have the opportunity to work alongside a high-quality delivery team, benefitting from a range of training and development opportunities
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Join our Trust pension scheme
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be. We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Meriden Community Centre as the Community centre manager download an application form and a copy of the full job specification located on the Watford FC Community Sport & Education Trust website via the following link: https://www.watfordfccsetrust.com/support/vacancies/
- Please send a completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role via email to email@example.com or by post to Sophie Read – Business Support Officer, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER. If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the role, please contact Steve Williams, Head of Facilities and Inclusion on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07970237104.