Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas; Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, and these are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Are you a passionate team player who wants to make a positive difference through sport and education?
Look no further and apply to join our School Sport Team to deliver on our core and funded school projects, holiday courses and player development centres. You will be working closely with the team to increase delivery of our school-based provision across Hertfordshire and Harrow.
You will be key to educating young people around enjoying the benefits of sport with the aim of enhancing their physical literacy and fundamental movement skills.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality educational delivery, both PE / coaching based, and non- PE based to local primary school pupils in line with projects values and structure.
- Ensuring that coaching sessions delivered in schools are in line with the primary school curriculum and OFSTED guidelines.
- Ensuring the teacher education for Premier League Primary Stars has the desired impact. This includes tailoring delivery to fit the needs for each teacher.
- Ensuring the team reaches their overall targets across the academic year.
- Liaising with the School Sport Manager to build new and existing positive relationships with schools to generate sustainable income for the organisation
- You must have:
- Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football
- In-date First Aid and Safeguarding Qualifications
- Experience of delivering PE sessions that are in line with the primary school curriculum and OFSTED guidelines
- Experience of developing and educating teachers in a PE environment
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills
- Due to the demands of the role, you will need to have a full UK driving license and have access to a vehicle
- Flexible approach to working some evening and weekends
- Additional coaching qualifications (other sports than football for example)
- Experience of working within a Community Club Organisation
Applicants should ideally live local and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit. Flexible approach to working some evening and weekends.
Benefits in working for us:
- You will have the opportunity to work alongside a high-quality delivery team, benefitting from a range of training and development opportunities
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holiday’s (pro rata)
- Organisation pension scheme
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work as the Sport and Education Project Officer please download an application form located on this page.
- Please send a completed application form and equal opportunities form to email@example.com. Ensure that in your application form you have referred to the ‘must have’ and ‘desirable’ requirements for this role in the Supporting Statement section.
- If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information please contact Stephen McCarthy, Business Support Officer on Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org