Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas; Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, and these are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Are you a passionate team player who wants to make a positive difference through sport and education?
Look no further and apply to join our Football and Sports Development Department to deliver on our core and funded school projects, holiday courses and player development centres. You will be working closely with the team to increase delivery of our school-based provision across Hertfordshire and Harrow.
You will be key to educating young people around enjoying the benefits of sport with the aim of enhancing their physical literacy and fundamental movement skills.
Your Roles and Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Providing high quality educational delivery, both PE / coaching based, and non- PE based to local primary school pupils in line with projects values and structure.
- Ensuring that coaching sessions delivered in schools are in line with the primary school curriculum and OFSTED guidelines.
- Ensuring the teacher education for Premier League Primary Stars has the desired impact. This includes tailoring delivery to fit the needs for each teacher.
- Ensuring the team reaches their overall targets across the academic year.
- Liaising with the School Sport Manager to build new and existing positive relationships with schools to generate sustainable income for the organisation.
- Deliver a minimal of 3 matchday packages linked to men’s first team home matches at Vicarage Road and occasional weekend events throughout the delivery year.
You must have:
- Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football/Introduction to Coaching Football Award.
- In-date First Aid and Safeguarding Qualifications.
- Experience of delivering PE sessions that are in line with the primary school curriculum and OFSTED guidelines.
- Experience of developing and educating teachers in a PE environment.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Due to the demands of the role, you will need to have a full UK driving license and have access to a vehicle.
- Flexible approach to working some evening and weekends.
- Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football/UEFA C Licence.
- Additional coaching qualifications (other sports than football for example).
- Experience of working within a Community Club Organisation.
- Applicants should ideally live local and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit.
Benefits in working for us:
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are determined to utilise the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Friendly working environment.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Investors in People accreditation.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres.
- Flexible working environment.
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holidays.
- Trust pension scheme.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work as the part time Community Coach Role please download an application form located on this page.
- Please send a completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure that in your application form you have referred to the ‘must have’ and ‘desirable’ requirements for this role in the Supporting Statement section.
- If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information please contact Karen Stephanou, Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Strategic Lead, email@example.com