Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you a passionate and driven individual with skills across fundraising, events, and digital marketing?
As a self-financing charity unrestricted funding is vitally important to the continuation of our various projects and activities within our communities. In this role you will take a proactive approach to ensuring the success of our fundraising events and initiatives; as well as boosting our online presence.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Lead on, and work alongside colleagues and external providers to deliver, successful, innovative events for the Trust by managing resource and effort to increase and maximise our unrestricted income.
- Make recommendations on how we can develop the Trust’s calendar of fundraising events, ensuring there are varied opportunities throughout the year for supporters to engage with the Trust.
- Work with Club and Trust colleagues to explore opportunities for event sponsors and/or corporate packages.
- Leading work colleagues and volunteers at Trust events, including communicating clear instruction and guidance on individual roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure regular and appropriate communication with all Trust supporters, partners, and donors, making use of email marketing.
- Support on several general fundraising initiatives, including lotteries and raffles.
- Use social media to implement successful fundraising campaigns, encourage partner engagement, and promote fundraising events and initiatives.
- Support colleagues with marketing and social media requests.
- Promote and raise the profile of the Trust’s work to a variety of audiences.
You Must Have:
- Experience of delivering successful income generating events and/or initiatives.
- Experience of working under pressure, meeting deadlines and prioritising workload in an event setting.
- Experience leading event volunteers, staff, and/or agencies.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills to enhance working relationships with colleagues, key stakeholders, and external agencies.
- Good IT skills using Microsoft packages, and data management systems.
- Show initiative, problem solve and be confident offering new ideas to develop the organisation.
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant field.
- Experience working in the charity sector.
- Experience and good knowledge of social media and digital marketing.
- Experience with CRM systems.
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are determined to utilise the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Friendly working environment.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Investors in People accreditation.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres.
- Flexible working environment.
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holidays.
- Trust pension scheme.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust as the Events & Marketing Officer download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form and application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Trust Recruitment, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER.
- If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Karen Stephanou at Karen.email@example.com