Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you motivated to help inactive individuals to become more active through creating innovative ways of delivering physical activity?
Active Watford and Three Rivers is a programme aimed at helping inactive people find the motivation to be more active and remove the barriers to physical activity.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
You will plan and deliver safe and effective exercise classes in a supportive way.
You Must Have:
- Hold a minimum of Level 2 Fitness Instructing or Level 2
- Exercise to Music Qualification
- Experience of working with adults in either a sports, fitness, or healthy lifestyle context
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate people to take part in Physical Activity.
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training and/or Level 3 GP referral.
- Driving Licence and access to a vehicle.
- Qualification in Nutrition.
- Knowledge of Behaviour change theories.
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Watford FC CSE Trust as a Fitness / Class Instructor download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Karen Stephanou, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Lead, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER.
- If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Karen Stephanou on email@example.com