Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you a player focused and motivated person looking to join our Harrow based BTEC programme at Whitmore High School?
Your main focus will be to support the Football Development Manager with the day to day organisation and coaching/match day delivery of the Whitmore High School Football and Education Scheme, in partnership with staff from the school, Additionally developing young players across our Harrow Player Development Centre Programme.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Providing a high quality experience across your delivery to players of all age groups.
- Splitting time between coaching delivery, managing a team and wider development work, which will include the recruitment of students for following academic years.
- To ensure that students adhere to Whitmore High School and the Trust’s Code of Conduct for the programme and that attendance doesn’t fall below the school’s recommended levels.
- Monitor and assess the players’ performances in the squad both in training and on match days.
- Professionally market and promote the Whitmore Football & Education Scheme in order to ensure the successful recruitment of players each academic year to ensure numbers across the scheme are in line with the expectations of the school.
- Support the Football Development Manager with the day-to-day running of the BTEC programme
- Coaching delivery, as part of the team for the Harrow Player Development Centre (PDC)
You Must Have:
- Experience of coaching young adults with a range of abilities in a community-based setting or education environment.
- Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football and FA Youth Award Modules 1 & 2.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills – both verbal and written.
- The ability to be able to enthuse and motivate players.
In date Safeguarding Children & First Aid in Football certificates.
- Proficient IT skills.
- A full and valid UK Driving License as well as access to a vehicle.
- To be successful you will need to have a flexible approach to your working hours. This role involves work relating to the school curricular programme for the students and one evening a week for the player development centre.
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- An understanding of budgetary control.
- D1 Mini-Bus Licence
- Working towards completion of the Level 3 in Coaching Football.
- Experience of marketing and promoting sports/education projects.
- An understanding of a sport BTEC programme
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holidays(Pro-rota)
- Great Trust pension scheme
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
1. If you would like to work at Cedars Youth & Community Centre as a Football & Education Community Coach download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on the Watford FC Community Sport & Education Trust website via the following link: https://www.watfordfccsetrust.com/support/vacancies/
2. Please send a fully completed application form , cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role (Only send CV’s if there is additional information that’s not in your application form) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Sophie Read – Business Support Officer, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER. If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
3. If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Brima Johnson, Football Development Manager on 020 8421 4676 or email@example.com .