Summary of Your Role
Are you a passionate team player who wants to make a positive difference through football? Look no further and apply to join our Watford FC CSE Trust Girls Emerging Talent Centre team as a strength and conditioning coach. You will be key to educating & developing young people around how to develop as a footballer & as a person.
Your Roles and Responsibilities, but Not Limited To
- Contribute to the ETC blueprint / curriculum ensuring there is S&C provision which complements the football programme.
- Deliver – or oversee the delivery of – the ETC’s physical development programme, including:
- Design and deliver individualised athletic development programmes as well as group training sessions
- Provide injury rehabilitation training of players as directed by the physiotherapist/sports therapist, in preparation for return to training
- Design and deliver a fitness testing programme. Use the results to drive group and individual training programme
- Work with Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist to develop and support an activation / prehab programme
- Manage facilities and equipment within the ETC so that it is well maintained and safe to use
- Maintain a comprehensive database of work conducted with athletes and coaches. Keep records which meet the standard required by The FA and the appropriate professional bodies
- Communicate with parents in the event of S&C related queries, generally and specifically to their children.
You Must Have
- Understanding of the Trust commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
- Has developed an understanding of the application of strength & conditioning in an applied team setting. May have some experience in Womens and girls football, and has some knowledge of how key S&C concepts pertain to Womens and girls football
- Experiences which have brought understanding of internal and external load monitoring, including GPS and heart rate monitoring
- Experience of developing & delivering individual and group physical preparation and recovery strategies for children and adolescent females
- Knowledge of injury minimisation strategies
- Has an up to date understanding of Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures
- BSc in Sports Science or a Sport Science related discipline.
- FA DBS
- FA Safeguarding Children
- FA Level 1 Introduction to First Aid in Football (IFAiF) or FA Emergency
- First Aid.
You Ideally Would Have
- Hold UK Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) or ASCC accreditation. If accreditation has not been obtained, evidence must be provided to demonstrate an ability to working towards obtaining it, including, but not exclusive to, the attendance of workshops.
- Working towards or completed MSc Strength and Conditioning or related post graduate qualification
- Additional recognised S&C related qualifications (e.g., NSCA/BWLA/FA Level 3)
- Football Coaching Qualification (Eg. Introduction to coaching Football/UEFA C)
Watford Football Club’s Community Sports and Education Trust is a registered charity that has been proudly supporting people and communities for over thirty years, as originally established by Graham Taylor OBE and Sir Elton John. We continue this legacy today by engaging people of all ages and backgrounds through high-quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our Vision: Improving lives, enhancing communities.
Our Mission: Making a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity, and learning.
Our Values: To be honest, reliable, and trustworthy – Integrity. To be inclusive in all our decision-making – Inclusivity. To be bold and creative in the way we work – Innovation.
Our Culture: We are a values-based and vision-driven charity, who put our people and our beneficiaries at the heart of everything we do and why we do it.
Benefits of Working for Us
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are determined to utilise the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Friendly working environment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Investors in People accreditation
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres
- Flexible working environment
- Staff kit
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holiday’s
- Trust pension scheme
- Birthday leave
- Milestone recognition awards
- On-site parking available
Our Commitment to You
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a role to play, to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed.
- If you would like to work for Watford FC CSE Trust as the Girls Emerging Talent Centre Strength & Conditioning Coach download an application form and equal opportunities form located on the Watford FC Community Sport & Education Trust website via the following link: https://www.watfordfccsetrust.com/support/vacancies/
- Please send completed application form and equal opportunities form to email@example.com If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Tracy Bambrough, HR Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org