Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you a passionate team player who wants to make a positive difference through football? Look no further and apply to join our Girls Player Development Centre team to deliver to our age-groups which range from U10 to U16. You will be responsible for coaching 2 age groups across 2 hours on Friday evenings.
You will be key to educating & developing young people around how to develop as a footballer & as a person.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Providing high quality football delivery to local ‘advanced’ Grassroots Football.
- Players in line with projects values and structure.
- Ensuring that coaching sessions delivered in the Player Development Centres are in line with the FA Four Corner Model & our PDC Coaching Syllabus.
- Ensuring you tailor your coaching approach / style to fit the individual needs for each player.
- Ensuring the team provides high quality provision to all players.
- Liaising with the Player Development Centre Lead to build new & existing relationships with local Grassroots Football Clubs and/or players.
You Must Have:
- Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football.
- In-date First Aid and Safeguarding Qualifications.
- Experience of delivering high quality football sessions to ‘advanced’ Grassroots players.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to complete player reports.
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Due to the demands of the role, you will need to have a full UK driving license and have access to a vehicle.
- Flexible approach to working evenings, weekends, and commitment to fixtures during half terms.
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football.
- Experience of working within a Community Club Organisation.
- Experience coaching within the Female Game.
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work as a Player Development Centre Coach, please download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form and application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure that in your application form you have referred to the ‘must have’ and ‘desirable’ requirements for this role in the Supporting Statement section. Deadline for applications to be submitted is Monday 13th December.
- If successful in the application process, you will be invited in for a coaching assessment on Friday 17th December (Evening). You will be asked to provide copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK on the day.