Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and hardworking goalkeeper coach to coach on our Whitmore Football and Education Scheme and our Harrow Player Development Centre. This will be a great opportunity for you to work with players aged 6-19 years old.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Delivering high quality GK sessions at both Whitmore and Harrow PDC.
- Feedback to coaches on how the GKs are developing and any areas they need to work on.
- Attend Whitmore matchdays to be the assistant coach and warm up the GKs.
- Complete reports termly for the Whitmore scheme and twice a season for the PDC GKs.
- Provide players the opportunity to combine football and their academic studies.
- Develop local grassroots players.
You Must Have:
- Level 1 in coaching Goalkeepers Qualification.
- Level 1 in coaching Football Qualification.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with young people.
- Ability to work as part of a team and maintain good working relationships.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of working within an education scheme and development centre.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude, always looking for solutions to problems or issues.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- Level 2 in coaching Goalkeepers Qualification.
- Level 2 in coaching Football Qualification.
- Working towards UEFA B licence.
- A flexible approach to work and be able to work unsociable hours (including some evenings and weekends.
- A full driving licence.
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Watford FC CSE Trust, please download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form and equal opportunities form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Karen Stephanou – Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Lead, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER.
- If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Karen Stephanou on email@example.com