Summary of Your Role
You will be responsible for leading and developing the Business Services Department which provides a range of services and support for the Trust. This includes areas such as governance, risk, safeguarding, human resources, equality, diversity and inclusion, impact, communications, marketing, as well as income generation via fundraising, sponsorship and events. You will be a key decision maker who will help shape the strategic and operational development and growth of the Trust.
This is a new role and therefore we are looking for someone with proven experience of managing people, who leads through positive actions and behaviours, who engenders a culture of trust and who empowers, supports and enables colleagues to thrive and be the best they can be.
Your Roles and Responsibilities, but Not Limited To
- To lead, manage and support colleagues in the Business Services Department to develop and implement effective strategies and or operational plans on an ongoing basis.
- To work closely with colleagues leading on Safeguarding, Equality, Diversion & Inclusion, Risk & Compliance (e.g. GDPR) and HR to ensure the Trust is providing a safe and inclusive environment for beneficiaries, staff and volunteers.
- To be a leader and role model, both in terms of promoting the Trust’s culture (as defined in our people strategy) via your own personal conduct, actions, behaviours and through sharing of your skills and knowledge.
- To take a proactive role alongside other Heads of Department, and work with them to embed a culture of continuous improvement across the Trust.
- To set appropriate budgets and manage and monitor these.
- To ensure that the Trust is compliant with statutory requirements and legislation set by regulatory bodies, including adhering to relevant audits and inspections.
- To provide support to the Community Director and Board of Trustees to ensure a framework of effective governance and compliance is in place and reviewed regularly.
- To continue to strengthen the Trust’s operational and administrative infrastructure in line with current and future needs.
You Must Have
- Understanding of the Trust’s commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
- A good standard of general education (A level or equivalent) or higher.
- Proven experience of leadership and developing people.
- Proven experience and involvement in strategic groups, developing strategies, plans and policies and implementing them.
- Proven experience of overseeing/managing governance audits.
- Proficient IT skills using Microsoft and data management systems to write reports, presentations and collection of data.
- Experience of setting and managing budgets.
You Ideally Would Have
- Degree, ideally in a related area of work.
- Previous experience working in a similar role within a Club’s Community Organisation or the broader charity sector.
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use.
Watford Football Club’s Community Sports & Education Trust is a registered charity that has been proudly supporting people and communities for over thirty years, as originally established by Graham Taylor OBE and Sir Elton John. We continue this legacy today by engaging people of all ages and backgrounds through high-quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our Vision: Improving lives, enhancing communities.
Our Mission: Making a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity, and learning.
Our Values: To be honest, reliable, and trustworthy – Integrity. To be inclusive in all our decision-making – Inclusivity. To be bold and creative in the way we work – Innovation.
Our Culture: We are a values-based and vision-driven charity, who put our people and our beneficiaries at the heart of everything we do and why we do it.
Benefits of Working for Us
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are determined to utilise the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Friendly working environment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Investors in People accreditation
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres
- Flexible working environment
- Staff kit
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holiday’s
- Trust pension scheme
- Birthday leave
- Milestone recognition awards
- On-site parking available
Our Commitment to You
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a
role to play, to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed.
- If you would like to work for Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust as the Head of Business Services download an application form and equal opportunities form located on this page.
- Please send your completed application form and equal opportunities form to email@example.com If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Rob Smith on 01923 496258 / 07977 987587.