Summary of Your Role
Are you passionate about wanting to make a difference to young people’s wellbeing?
We have an opportunity available for you to join our diverse team of dedicated facilitators for our award winning Positive Minds; education programme. With support to learn our set programme curriculum, you could play a part in developing the skills sets to improve the lives of young people across Hertfordshire.
Your Roles and Responsibilities, but Not Limited To
- To complete and continue to learn the Positive Minds; curriculum.
- To attend staff training and development sessions.
- To deliver high quality, consistent sessions in a classroom setting for Year 6 students across local districts in Hertfordshire.
- Ensure that delivery of the sessions is compliant with the programme’s curriculum and guidelines.
- Work alongside other facilitator staff to support each other’s delivery, sharing best practice.
- Ensure good time keeping and a consistent approach to delivery to represent the programme and Trust in a positive way.
You Must Have
- Understanding of the Trust commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
- Experience working with young people (primary school age) in a delivery role (school setting/ youth activities/ caring role/ support setting etc).
- A basic understanding of mental health and how prevalent mental health and wellbeing needs are in young people (with a willingness to learn more).
- Hold a clean driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
- Have an innovative approach to education and teaching.
- Good communication skills with Project Leads, teaching staff and students, and being able to differentiate between the different styles of communication needed for the different audiences.
- Good time management skills to co-ordinate travelling to different school locations in a timely manor.
You Ideally Would Have
- Hold a valid Safeguarding and First Aid qualification.
- Mental Health First Aid.
- Experience teaching or supporting in a classroom setting.
- Any other relevant teaching or youth related certificates/qualifications.
Watford Football Club’s Community Sports and Education Trust is a registered charity that has been proudly supporting people and communities for over thirty years, as originally established by Graham Taylor OBE and Sir Elton John. We continue this legacy today by engaging people of all ages and backgrounds through high-quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our Vision: Improving lives, enhancing communities.
Our Mission: Making a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity, and learning.
Our Values: To be honest, reliable, and trustworthy – Integrity. To be inclusive in all our decision-making – Inclusivity. To be bold and creative in the way we work – Innovation.
Our Culture: We are a values-based and vision-driven charity, who put our people and our beneficiaries at the heart of everything we do and why we do it.
Benefits of Working for Us
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are determined to utilise the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Friendly working environment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Investors in People accreditation
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working environment
- Staff kit
- Trust pension scheme
Our Commitment to You
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a role to play, to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed.
- If you would like to work for Watford FC CSE Trust as the Health & Wellbeing Community Coach download an application form and equal opportunities form located on this page.
- Please send completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Tracy Bambrough, HR Manager on email@example.com