Summary of Your Role
The job holder will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and a committed staff member to help support and deliver sport and physical activity sessions for 9- 12 year olds with mild to moderate mental wellbeing.
The job holder must be confident to deliver multi- sport and physical activity sessions to young people, have the energy and ability to engage young people and want to make a positive difference to young peoples’ wellbeing.
Your Roles and Responsibilities, but Not Limited To
- Ensure that when involved in any Trust activities that the safeguarding of participants is at the heart of the process and that safeguarding policies and procedures are always adhered to.
- Plan and prepare physical activity sessions for 9-12 year olds that are safe and enjoyable.
- Engage with young people and promote a fun and positive environment.
- Be willing to be flexible and innovative to cater to the needs of the participants.
- Support the young people with written activities during the wellbeing aspect of the session.
You Must Have
- An understanding of the Trust’s commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
- To deliver high quality, consistent sport sessions in a therapeutic setting for young people across local districts in Hertfordshire.
- Ensure that delivery of the sessions is compliant with the programme’s curriculum and guidelines.
- Work alongside other facilitator staff to support each other’s delivery, sharing best practice.
- Be able to manage behaviour and promote a positive environment for young people facing challenges.
You Ideally Would Have
- Experience managing young people in a physical activity setting.
- A valid safeguarding qualification.
- A valid first aid qualification.
- A mental health first aid qualification.
Watford Football Club’s Community Sports and Education Trust is a registered charity that has been proudly supporting people and communities for over thirty years, as originally established by Graham Taylor OBE and Sir Elton John. We continue this legacy today by engaging people of all ages and backgrounds through high-quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our Vision: Improving lives, enhancing communities.
Our Mission: Making a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity, and learning.
Our Values: To be honest, reliable, and trustworthy – Integrity. To be inclusive in all our decision-making – Inclusivity. To be bold and creative in the way we work – Innovation.
Our Culture: We are a values-based and vision-driven charity, who put our people and our beneficiaries at the heart of everything we do and why we do it.
Benefits of Working for Us
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are determined to utilise the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Friendly working environment.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Investors in People accreditation.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
- Flexible working environment.
- Staff kit.
- Trust pension scheme.
Our Commitment to You
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a role to play, to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and practices regarding safeguarding are followed.
- If you would like to work for Watford FC CSE Trust as the Health and Wellbeing Community Coach download an application form and equal opportunities form located on this page.
- Please send completed application form and equal opportunities form to email@example.com If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org