Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you a passionate person who wants to make a positive difference to the physical health of overweight adults?
You will lead on an initial one-year Hertfordshire County Council funded weight management service. This will be to support obese adults with learning, physical disabilities, mental health issues and individuals from different ethnic minority communities through a mixture of face to face and digital support services.
The service will support adults referred in from primary care and the community to lose weight and increase their physical activity levels over a 12-week period.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Effectively manage all day-to-day activities across the programme.
- Working with and providing high quality ongoing support to adults with obesity and lifestyle related health issues to make a positive difference to their health.
- Managing project stakeholders, referrals, and reporting lines.
- Engaging and identifying successful relationships with learning, physical disabilities, mental health, and ethnic minority community organisations.
- Development of programme resources, building innovative content to make the biggest impact possible on participants.
- Monitoring, evaluating and continuous improvement of service standards.
You will have (Essential):
- Level 3 Personal trainer qualification.
- A sound knowledge of healthy eating, physical activity, and healthy lifestyles.
- Experience of delivering behaviour change interventions for adults.
- Experience and success in building relationships and working collaboratively with a range of partners.
- Experience of managing and overseeing matters of safeguarding including identification and reporting of vulnerable adult concerns.
- A flexible approach to work. You will be expected to work some evenings and weekends.
Ideally Have (desirable):
- At least one years’ experience of working with individuals with functional mental health issues.
- Understanding of the needs of individuals with learning and physical disabilities.
- A degree or relevant qualification (in a related subject area).
- Level 3 Exercise referral certificate.
- Experience of promoting health or physical activity programmes.
- Proven experience of project/event management and experience of report writing.
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres
- Flexible working environment.
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holidays.
- Great Trust pension scheme.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Watford FC CSE Trust, please download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form and equal opportunities form to: email@example.com or by post to Karen Stephanou – Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Lead, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER.
- If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Karen Stephanou on firstname.lastname@example.org