Our vision is to improve lives, enhance communities and aim to make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you a passionate team player who wants to make a positive difference through sport and education?
Look no further and apply to join our Higher Education Team to deliver on our Foundation Degree in Football Development & Coaching. Working closely with Middlesex University and the Higher Education Strategic Lead, you will develop and deliver a year two module; Applied Football Development.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Plan and deliver both theory and practical lectures, seminars, tutorials, and workshops relevant to the module including off-site and/or online where appropriate.
- To assess student’s achievement of the module learning outcomes.
- To enhance student engagement and contribute to the student learning experience.
- To communicate with students including one-to-one meetings, telephone, and email correspondence.
- To keep up-to date with current research, news and developments in sport and football development policy.
- Willingness to undertake CPD and relevant training as and when required.
- Maintain the Virtual Learning Environment including uploading lecture notes, assignments, online tasks, and relevant additional information and reading for students.
- Undertake specific course management duties to develop and enhance the delivery of the degree under the direction of the Higher Education Strategic Lead. This will include assessment boards, student voice meetings, curriculum development and implementing changes suggested by the external examiner.
You Must Have:
- Masters degree in relevant subject area.
- Teaching experience ideally at Higher Education level.
- Industry experience in sport/football community development.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills to work with varied audiences.
- Proficient organisation, administration, and time management skills.
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- PG Cert HE or other teaching qualification.
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with a range of partner organisations who specialise in football development and coaching.
- Fundraising or Bid-writing experience.
- Project Management experience within a sport/community development setting.
- Excellent word processing skills and ability to learn new programmes and software.
- Desire and motivation to improve, learn and progress both students and yourself.
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Watford FC CSE Trust as the Higher Education Lecturer, download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Karen Stephanou, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Lead, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER.
- If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Karen Stephanou at Karen.Stephanou@watfordfdc.com