Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you passionate about developing people through a high-quality learning and development programme enabling them to reach their full potential?
You will create a range of learning and development solutions to help develop our people’s ‘Learning Pathways’ to support their career progression, enhancing management, leadership skills and expertise across the Trust.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Work closely with colleagues to identify current and future learning and development needs to devise and implement an action plan.
- Source internal and external training and manage the delivery of learning and development programmes.
- Support the development of the Trust’s learning and development strategy; Conduct a review of management and leadership skills to inform the creation of a management training pathway.
- Be the Trust’s lead regarding the apprenticeship levy and the opportunities which it presents for the Trust to utilise the levy to support colleagues learning/development and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Manage the Trust’s graduate/internship placements, from initial communication to ongoing supervision.
- Regularly update and communicate to colleagues the learning and development opportunities available via the training directory.
You must Have:
- Relevant experience in the field of learning and development.
- Understanding of the Trust commitment to EDI & Safeguarding.
- Good working knowledge of training and development solutions.
- An awareness of individual learning styles and the importance of catering for these when providing learning and development opportunities.
- Ability to identify training needs, develop and implement training strategies and evaluate learning outcomes.
- Ability to source and create bespoke and innovative learning and development opportunities based on the needs of the Trust.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively to build and facilitate strong internal relationships.
- Able to work under pressure, prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in completing tasks.
- Good organisational, planning and time management skills.
- CIPD Qualified
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Friendly working environment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Investors in People accreditation
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres.
- Flexible working environment.
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holidays.
- Trust pension scheme.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a role to play, to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed.
- If you would like to work at Watford FC Community Sport and Education Trust as the Learning and Development Officer download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form and equal opportunities form via email to email@example.com or by post to Tracy Bambrough, HR Manager – Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER. If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Tracy Bambrough on Tracy.Bambrough@watfordfc.com