Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
You will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and committed delivery staff to help support an award-winning weight management programme to people with Learning Disability, Physical Disability & Mental Illness.
You will support our fitness team in delivering sessions safely and effectively to the targeted groups. No nutrition or fitness knowledge is needed, but a good understanding of how to work with the target audience is important.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- To support weight management sessions for the target groups in both in-patient and community settings.
- To support the fitness coaches in delivering the sessions safely and effectively, building relationships of trust and respect with our service users.
- To be able to travel to and from sessions and ensure the needs of services users are met during the sessions. Support people with Learning Disability in their understanding of our content.
- To hold and use Mental Health First Aid if, and when appropriate.
- Work alongside other facilitator staff to support each other’s delivery, sharing best practice.
- Ensure good time keeping and a consistent approach to delivery to represent the programme and Trust in a positive way.
You Must Have:
- Experience working with adults in a delivery role (School setting/Day services/Caring role/Support setting etc).
- A basic understanding of mental health and how prevalent mental health and wellbeing needs are (with a willingness to learn more).
- Hold a clean driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
- Good communication skills with Project Leads, teaching staff and students, and being able to differentiate between the different styles of communication needed for the different audiences.
- Good time management skills to co-ordinate travelling to different locations in a timely manner.
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- Hold a valid Safeguarding and First Aid qualification.
- Mental Health First Aid.
- Experience teaching or supporting in a classroom setting.
- Previous experience working with challenging behaviour in children and young people.
- Any other relevant teaching or youth related certificates/qualifications.
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust as a Mental Health facilitator download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form and application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Karen Stephanou, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Lead, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER.
- If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Karen Stephanou on email@example.com