Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you passionate about wanting to make a difference to young people’s wellbeing?
We have an opportunity available for you to join our diverse team of dedicated facilitators for our comic relief funded Empower project. Empower aims to improve the mental wellbeing of 9–12-year-olds through physical activity and wellbeing workshops. You will help co-facilitate our 90-minute sessions alongside our psychotherapist partner company NESSie. We will support your learning of our sessions and you could play a part in improving the lives of young people across Hertfordshire.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- To complete and continue to learn Empower session content.
- To attend staff training and development sessions.
- To deliver high quality, consistent sessions for 9–12-year-olds across local districts in Hertfordshire.
- Ensure that delivery of the sessions is compliant with the programme’s aims and guidelines.
- Work alongside other facilitator staff to support each other’s delivery, sharing best practice.
- Ensure good time keeping and a consistent approach to delivery to represent the programme and Trust in a positive way.
You Must Have:
- Experience working with young people from primary school age to secondary school in a delivery role (school setting/youth activities/caring role/support setting etc).
- A basic understanding of mental health and how prevalent mental health and wellbeing needs are in young people (with a willingness to learn more).
- Hold a clean driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
- Good communication skills with Project Leads, young people, and parents, and being able to differentiate between the different styles of communication needed for the different audiences.
- Good time management skills to co-ordinate travelling to different locations in a timely manor
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- Hold a valid Safeguarding and First Aid qualification.
- Mental Health First Aid.
- Experience teaching or supporting in a classroom, youth, or sports setting.
- Previous experience working with challenging behaviour in children and young people.
- Sports qualification in coaching, football, dodgeball, or other sports
- Any other relevant teaching or youth related certificates/qualifications.
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust as a Mental Health facilitator download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Karen Stephanou, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Lead, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER. If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact email@example.com