Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity, and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas; Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, and these are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Be part of a once in a lifetime opportunity with Watford FC CSE Trust by becoming a National Citizen Service (NCS) Assistant Team Leader or Team Assistant. As a National Citizen Service (NCS) Team Leader or Team Assistant you will work alongside the NCS Delivery Team to support a team of sixteen, 16- to 17-year-olds through a whole NCS programme, working both residentially and in the local community. Meals, travel, and accommodation will be provided during the residential phases of the programme in the first week.
Your roles and responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Lead, inspire and take responsibility for the pastoral care for a team of sixteen participants, ensuring their safety and assisting their personal development throughout the residential phases of the programme.
- Monitor the welfare of all young people taking part in the programme and being aware of any medical or dietary requirements.
- Follow a structured timetable and lead your group during non-centre staff led activities.
- Lead guided reflection sessions so that young people are developing personal skills.
- Work with lead staff during residential phases of delivery for different cohorts of young people.
- Work with a range of Watford FC CSE Trust external partners.
- Lead by example and get involved in outdoor and community volunteering activities, keeping the group always motivated.
- Build a positive professional relationship with all young people in your team.
- Work as part of a larger team of staff and lead a Volunteer to support the planning and delivery of a Social Action Project and ensure that the desired outcomes are achieved during all phases of the programme.
- Work with and support all other staff to deal with any challenging behaviour from young people.
- Ensure that a high standard of delivery is maintained.
- Ensure that appropriate safeguarding, health & safety and other relevant Watford FC CSE Trust policies are implemented and followed
- Ensure that all accidents or incidents are reported, and necessary risk assessments are completed.
- Provide support to staff and young people in a variety of settings to ensure that they have a positive NCS experience.
You must have:
- Understanding of the Trust commitment to EDI & Safeguarding.
- Experience of working with young people.
- Availability to go on residential during the first week of programme.
- Strong leadership skills to oversee groups of young people.
You ideally would have:
- First Aid qualification
- Safeguarding qualification.
- Experience in a youth setting.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a role to play, to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed.
- If you would like to work for Watford FC CSE Trust as a NCS Team Leader or Team Assistant, download an application form located on this page.
- Please send completed application form and equal opportunities form to email@example.com If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day. We will be inviting successful candidates to interview as and when they apply.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact the NCS Team on firstname.lastname@example.org .