Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you a passionate team player who wants to make a positive difference through football? Look no further and apply to join our Player Development team to deliver on one of Player Development Centres or Skill Centres across Hertfordshire & Harrow. You will be key to educating & developing young people around how to develop as a footballer & as a person.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Providing high quality football delivery to local ‘advanced’ grassroots football players in line with projects values and structure.
- Ensuring that coaching sessions delivered are in line with the FA Four Corner Model & our PDC / Skill Centres coaching syllabus.
- Ensuring you tailor your coaching approach / style to fit the individual needs for each player.
- Ensuring the team provides high quality provision to all players.
- Liaising with the Player Development Centre lead to build new & existing relationships with local grassroots football clubs and/or players.
You must have:
- PDC: Minimum Level 2/UEFA C Certificate in Coaching Football or working towards
- Skill Centres: Minimum Level 1 / Introduction to Football Coaching certificate
- In-date First Aid and Safeguarding Qualifications
- Experience of delivering high quality football sessions to ‘advanced’ Grassroots players.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills
- Due to the demands of the role, you will need to have a full UK driving license and have access to a vehicle.
- Flexible approach to working evenings, weekends, and commitment to fixtures during half terms
- Understanding of the Trust commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- PDC: UEFA B (L3) Certificate in Coaching Football or working towards.
- Skill Centres: Level 2 / UEFA C Certificate in Coaching Football or working towards.
- Experience of working within a Community Club Organisation
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
- Friendly working environment
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Flexible working environment
- Investors in People accreditation
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sections of the Community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a role to play, to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and practices in regard to Safeguarding are followed.
- If you would like to work as a Player Development Coach, please download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Tracy Bambrough on email@example.com