Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you a team player focused and motivated person looking to join our Premier League Kicks team?
Your focus will be to expand and deliver on our current female Premier League Kicks provision in Harrow, Hillingdon, and Watford. The role will include developing and coordinating the London United / London Marathon Charitable Trust initiative, which is aimed at increasing opportunities available to girls aged 8-18 years from deprived areas.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Provide a high-quality experience to females aged 8 to 18 years old across your delivery.
- You will deliver both sport-based and personal development sessions during community hours and weekends.
- Organising Youth Voice activities to consult with young people to help shape the delivery model.
- You will increase volunteering, competition, and officiating opportunities available to young females in line with the PL Kicks Theory of Change.
You Must Have:
- Level 2 Certificate in any National Governing Body Qualification
- Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football
- In date Safeguarding Children & First Aid
- Proven track record of working with young females in a range of settings
- Experience of managing or supervising staff/volunteers
- Experience in working, developing, and managing relevant partnerships in the social inclusion / youth work sector
- Example of good communication and inter-personal skills – both verbal and written
- The ability to be able to enthuse and motivate participants
- Competent in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and data management systems for monitoring, evaluating and report to funders
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use
- Have a flexible approach to work and be able to work unsociable hours (including some evenings and weekends)
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- Level 2 Coaching in Football
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holidays (Pro-rota)
- Great Trust pension scheme
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
1. If you would like to work at Watford FC CSE Trust as a Premier League Girls Kicks Officer download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
2. Please send a fully completed application form , cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role (Only send CV’s if there is additional information that’s not in your application form) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Sophie Read – Business Support Officer, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER. If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
3. If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Michael Williams, PL Kicks Manager on 020 8421 4676 or email@example.com .