Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you an enthusiastic, focused and motivated person looking to join our Premier League Kicks team?
Your main focus will be to expand and deliver on our current Premier League Kicks provision in Watford and SW Herts. The role will include developing and coordinating the social inclusion offer, which is aimed at increasing opportunities available to young people aged 8-18 years.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Provide a high-quality experience to young people aged 8 to 18 years old across your delivery.
- You will deliver both sport-based and personal development sessions with an inclusive approach during community hours and weekends
- Build strong and positive relationships with the young people and a range of partners
- You will undertake appropriate strategic planning and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of all projects and their delivery
- Organising Youth Voice activities to consult with young people to help shape the delivery model.
- Writing reports to include data statistics and case studies for the PL Kicks Manager
You Must Have:
- A proven track record of working with young people in a range of settings
- The ability to be able to enthuse and motivate participants
- Experience in working, developing, and managing relevant partnerships in the social inclusion / youth work sector, across a range of key stakeholders
- In date Safeguarding Children & First Aid certificates (Please make sure the dates are added onto the application)
- Experience of writing development plans, work programmes and reports.
- Experience of managing or supervising staff/volunteers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as data management systems to monitor, evaluate and report to funders
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use
- A flexible approach to work and be able to work unsociable hours (including some evenings and weekends)
- Good communication and inter-personal skills – both verbal and written
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- The Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football
- Other NGB qualifications
- Youth work experience with young people
What is in it for you?
- The chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- The opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- A great Trust pension scheme
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Watford FC CSE Trust as a PL Kicks Project Officer download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form , cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role (Only send CV’s if there is additional information that’s not in your application form) via email to email@example.com or by post to Stephen McCarthy – Business Support Officer, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER.
- If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Stephen McCarthy, Business Support Officer. Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org