Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
You will work alongside a team of centre staff to support customers visiting our centre, increase footfall, promote our community groups, and support the centre manager with day-to-day tasks.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Ensuring that customer records are accurately kept up to date both manually and electronically.
- Utilise the management booking system for customer bookings, payment collection and diary management purposes.
- Promote the centre to current and prospective customers/community groups to help the team increase income streams.
- Support the Centre Manager with the day-to-day running of the centre by assisting with the ‘set up’ of activities and catering requirements for external hirers and users.
- To support the fitness aspects of the gym and to be able to fully engage with users.
You must have:
- Proven experience in an administrative or receptionist role within the leisure industry.
- Able to showcase excellent customer service.
- Experience using facility booking systems.
- Sound understanding of financial controls.
- Proficient IT skills for booking templates and classes, data and information provided by customers using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Able to actively promote the centre at all times.
- Ability to handle data confidentially in line with GDPR and Safeguarding regulations.
- To be successful you will need to have a flexible approach to your working hours and be available to work some evenings and weekends. This role involves shift work between the hours of 08.30am and 21.00pm Monday – Friday and 08:30am and 17:00pm on Saturdays.
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres.
- Flexible working environment.
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holiday’s.
- Great Trust pension scheme.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Cedars Youth and Community Centre as the Receptionist/Duty Officer, download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Trust Recruitment, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER. If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Karen Stephanou at email@example.com