Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you a customer focused, and motivated person interested in joining our Community Centre operations team on a part time basis?
Look no further, apply to join our team at the Meriden Community Centre as a receptionist/duty officer. We are looking to appoint two part-time officers, working alongside a team of centre staff to support customers visiting our centre, increase footfall, promote our community groups, and support the centre manager with day to day tasks.
To be successful you will need to have a flexible approach to your working hours and be available to work some evenings and weekends. This role involves shift work between the hours of 08.30am and 22.00pm Monday – Saturday.
Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing high quality customer service.
• Ensuring that customer records are accurately kept up to date both manually and electronically.
• Utilise the management booking system for customer bookings, payment collection and diary management purposes.
• Promote the centre to current and prospective customers/community groups to help the team increase income streams.
• Support the Centre Manager with the day-to-day running of the centre.
You Must Have:
• Experience within an administrative/receptionist role.
• Excellent customer service experience and skills.
• Sound understanding of financial controls.
• Proficient IT skills (Excel, Word).
• Ability and drive to actively promote the centre at all times.
• Ability to handle data confidentially in line with GDPR regulations.
You would ideally have, but not vital:
• Experience using facility booking systems (for example XN Leisure).
• A full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
• Experience of using IT systems to monitor and evaluate programme delivery.
What is in it for you?
• Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
• Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
• Free gym usage at our two Community Centres.
• Flexible working environment.
• 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time employees).
• Competitive pension scheme.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
1. If you would like to work at Meriden Community Centre as a reception/duty officer download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on the Watford FC Community Sport & Education Trust website via the following link: https://www.watfordfccsetrust.com/support/vacancies/
2. Please send a fully completed application form , cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role (Only send CV’s if there is additional information that’s not in your application form) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Sophie Read – Business Support Officer, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER. If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
3. If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Karrington Shann, Meriden Community Centre Manager on 01923 894862.