Summary of Your Role
This role will be responsible for planning & delivering the following programme.
- Core holiday football courses (school holidays, except Christmas)
You must be able to commit to a minimum of 8 weeks of holiday course delivery across the season.
October half term: 1 week (5 days)
February Half Term: 1 week (5 days)
Easter holidays: 2 weeks (9 days)
May half term: 1 week (4 days)
Summer holidays: 6 weeks (29 days)
Total: 11 weeks.
Opportunity for other work based on performance as the seasonal coach is available. Programmes on our Player Development Pathway Programmes (Skills Centre, Player Development Centres etc.) can create additional work for the seasonal coach, based on performance.
The seasonal coach will be part of a team that is responsible for providing a high-quality service to Trust customers, whilst bringing professionalism to the role, which is synonymous with the Trust.
Your Roles and Responsibilities, but Not Limited To
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day delivery and planning of the football holiday courses, delivering them to the highest possible standard.
- To champion Watford Welcomes values and contribute to all Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) activities. To be responsible for your own behaviour and act in a manner that avoids and discourages any form of discrimination or harassment; to comply with Watford FC CSE Trust Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adult across the business, ensuring that Trust policies, procedures, and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed at all times.
You Must Have
- FA Level 1 in Coaching Football / Introduction to Football Coaching, and up to date safeguarding and emergency aid certificates.
- Understanding of the Trust commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
- Experience of coaching & developing grassroots football players.
You Ideally Would Have
- FA Level 2 (UEFA C) Certificate in Coaching Football, or currently enrolled on a Level Two (UEFA C) Course.
- Experience working within a professional football clubs community trust / foundation within football development.
Watford Football Club’s Community Sports and Education Trust is a registered charity that has been proudly supporting people and communities for over thirty years, as originally established by Graham Taylor OBE and Sir Elton John. We continue this legacy today by engaging people of all ages and backgrounds through high-quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our Vision: Improving lives, enhancing communities.
Our Mission: Making a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity, and learning.
Our Values: To be honest, reliable, and trustworthy – Integrity. To be inclusive in all our decision-making – Inclusivity. To be bold and creative in the way we work – Innovation.
Our Culture: We are a values-based and vision-driven charity, who put our people and our beneficiaries at the heart of everything we do and why we do it.
Benefits of Working for Us
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are determined to utilise the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Friendly working environment
- Investors in People accreditation
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
- Flexible working environment
- Staff kit
- On-site parking available
Our Commitment to You
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a role to play, to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed.
- If you would like to work for Watford FC CSE Trust as the Seasonal Coach download an application form and equal opportunities form located on this page.
- Please send completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact email@example.com