Interview date confirmed upon closing date and review of applications.
Summary of Your Role
Are you a passionate team player who wants to make a positive difference through football? Look no further and apply to join our Player Development team to deliver on our Skills Centre in Hertfordshire/Harrow. You will be key to educating & developing young people around how to develop as a footballer & as a person.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Providing high quality football delivery to local grassroots football players in line with projects values and structure.
- Ensuring that coaching sessions delivered are in line with the FA Four Corner Model & our Skills Centre coaching syllabus.
- Ensuring you tailor your coaching approach / style to fit the individual needs for each player.
- Ensuring the team provides high quality provision to all players.
- Liaising with the Player Development Officer to build new & existing relationships with local grassroots football clubs and/or players.
You Must Have:
- Minimum Level 1/Intro to Football Coaching Certificate in Coaching Football.
- In-date First Aid and Safeguarding Qualifications.
- Experience of delivering high quality football sessions to grassroots football players.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Due to the demands of the role, you will need to have a full UK driving license and have access to a vehicle.
- Flexible approach to working evenings.
- Understanding of the Trust commitment to EDI & Safeguarding.
You Ideally Would Have
- FA Level 2 (UEFA C) Certificate in Coaching Football or working towards.
- Experience working within a professional football clubs community trust / foundation within football development/coaching.
Watford Football Club’s Community Sports and Education Trust is a registered charity that has been proudly supporting people and communities for over thirty years, as originally established by Graham Taylor OBE and Sir Elton John. We continue this legacy today by engaging people of all ages and backgrounds through high-quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our Vision: Improving lives, enhancing communities.
Our Mission: Making a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity, and learning.
Our Values: To be honest, reliable, and trustworthy – Integrity. To be inclusive in all our decision-making – Inclusivity. To be bold and creative in the way we work – Innovation.
Our Culture: We are a values-based and vision-driven charity, who put our people and our beneficiaries at the heart of everything we do and why we do it.
Benefits of Working for Us
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are determined to utilise the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Friendly working environment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Investors in People accreditation
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working environment
- Staff kit
- On-site parking available
Our Commitment to You
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a role to play, to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed.
- If you would like to work for Watford FC CSE Trust as the Skills Centre Coach, download an application form and equal opportunities form located on this page.
- Please send completed application form and equal opportunities form to email@example.com If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org