Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas; Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, and these are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
We are seeking to recruit a passionate person with creative thinking and excellent organisational skills to join our School Sport team.
You will coordinate and deliver within our schools programmes (including PL Primary Stars and JOM – Move & Learn) and core related activities. Working closely with the School Sport team to increase delivery of our school-based provision across Hertfordshire and Harrow.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality educational delivery, both PE / coaching based and non- PE based to local primary school pupils in line with projects values and structure
- Ensure that coaching sessions delivered in schools are in line with the primary school curriculum and OFSTED guidelines
- Ensure the teacher education for Premier League Primary Stars has the desired impact, this includes tailoring delivery to fit the needs for each teacher
- Complete administration tasks related to the school programmes and school provisions, including designing high quality sessions plans, producing after school letters, generating school service level contracts, creating impact examples and inputting data on data management systems
- Ensure the team reaches their overall targets across the academic year
- Liaise with the School Sport Manager to build new and existing positive relationships with schools to generate sustainable income for the organisation
- Recruit and develop sessional coaches, liaising with the school sport manager on relevant CPD for all sessional coaches
- Coach on holiday courses, match day packages and player development centres
You must have:
- Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football
- Working towards achieving or have the Level 3 Certificate in the delivery of Physical Education and School Sport Award (AFPE)
- Experience of working with primary and secondary school age groups of all abilities in a school environment
- Experience of developing and educating teachers in a PE environment
- Experience of managing or supervising staff/volunteers
- Proficient IT skills (Microsoft office)
- Proven experience in project/event management
- Skills in report writing to external funders
Applicants should ideally live local and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit. Flexible approach to working some evening and weekends.
Benefits in working for us:
- You will have the opportunity to work alongside a high-quality delivery team, benefitting from a range of training and development opportunities
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holiday’s (pro rota)
- Organisation pension scheme
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work as the Sport and Education Project Officer please download an application form located on the Watford FC Community Sport & Education Trust website via the following link: https://www.watfordfccsetrust.com/support/vacancies/
- Please send a completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role via email to email@example.com or by post to Sophie Read – Business Support Officer, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER. If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the programme, please contact Ben Wells, School Sport Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07977183572