Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust has a vision to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. The Trust have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services and focuses on three priority areas; Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, and these are all underpinned by our promise to deliver diverse and accessible opportunities for all.
Summary of your role:
Are you someone who is passionate about improving lives and enhancing communities through the power of sport and education?
We are looking to expand our delivery team and are looking for a Targeted Educational Facilitator, who will be a key team member and will support the delivery of one or a combination of our Trust initiatives, including our high quality Premier League Inspires Programme and our national award winning mental health provisions Positive Minds; Education and Empower across Hertfordshire and the London Boroughs of Harrow and Hillingdon.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Delivering our Premier League Inspires Programme, Positive Minds; and/or Empower to a high quality and is inline with the curriculum set out by the project lead(s)
Working as a key part of our delivery team to help us work towards our overall targets and having a positive impact to our participants and their development.
Promoting and encouraging positive mental wellbeing in the young people who attend our sessions.
Work with the young people who participate our initiatives in an engaging and respectful way
- A minimum C in GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
A valid Safeguarding and First Aid Qualification (or be willing to work towards this)
A mental health first aid certificate (or be willing to work towards this)
Some experience working with young people
- Some experience coaching or being a part of a learning environment
Some experience of working with young people with mental health issues and special educational needs
Some previous experience working with individuals with challenging behaviour
What is in it for you?
You will have the opportunity to work alongside a high-quality delivery team, benefitting from a range of training and development opportunities
- We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
1. If you would like to work at Watford FC Community Sports and Education Trust as the Targeted Educational Facilitator download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on the Watford FC Community Sport & Education Trust website via the following link: https://www.watfordfccsetrust.com/support/vacancies/
2. Please send a fully completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role (only send CV’s if there is additional information that’s not in your application form) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Sophie Read – Business Support Officer, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER. If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
3. If you require any further information or wish to discuss the programme, please contact Lucy Tearle (Premier League Inspires) at Lucy.email@example.com or Liam Dwyer (Positive Minds; Education and Empower) at Liam.firstname.lastname@example.org