Summary of Your Role
An exciting opportunity has become available within Watford FC Women team at Watford Football Club on a casual basis. We are looking a sports therapist or physiotherapist to be part of a forward-thinking medical team providing first aid and trauma assistance at training sessions and matches for Watford FC Women First team and Development team.
You will be required to attend 2 x evenings (Tuesday and Thursday) and Sunday games and be prepared to travel to various locations depending on fixtures.
The successful candidates will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic and hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business.
Applicants must be able to travel by your own means to assignments and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit.
Your Roles and Responsibilities, but Not Limited To
- Support our first team medical team and performance team for training evenings
- Be the main sports therapist / physiotherapist for our development team
- Have excellent communication with MDT team and medical/performance team
You Must Have
- Understanding of the Trust commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
- Degree qualification (Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy, Sports Rehabilitation)
- Minimum Level 4 First Aid Qualification (FA ITMMIF)
- Minimum Level 3 First Aid Qualification (FA EMFAiF)
- Valid FA Safeguarding Certificate (or working towards)
- The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
You Ideally Would Have
- Experience of working within elite sport
- Level 5 First Aid Qualification FA ATMIFF (or enrolled onto a course) with commitment to attend a yearly ATMMiF-R reaccreditation
- UKAD Clean Sport Advisor Certificate
Watford Football Club’s Community Sports and Education Trust is a registered charity that has been proudly supporting people and communities for over thirty years, as originally established by Graham Taylor OBE and Sir Elton John. We continue this legacy today by engaging people of all ages and backgrounds through high-quality community-based initiatives and services.
Amongst our varied projects is the running of Watford FC Women, who currently play in the third tier of the women’s football pyramid, but with aspirations to return to tier 2. WFCW also run a development team, which this role will also support.
Our Vision: Improving lives, enhancing communities.
Our Mission: Making a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity, and learning.
Our Values: To be honest, reliable, and trustworthy – Integrity. To be inclusive in all our decision-making – Inclusivity. To be bold and creative in the way we work – Innovation.
Our Culture: We are a values-based and vision-driven charity, who put our people and our beneficiaries at the heart of everything we do and why we do it.
Benefits of Working for Us
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are determined to utilise the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Friendly working environment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Investors in People accreditation
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working environment
- Staff kit
- Trust pension scheme
Our Commitment to You
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a role to play, to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed.
- If you would like to work for Watford FC CSE Trust as the Women’s Sports Therapist/Physiotherapist download an application form and equal opportunities form located on the Watford FC Community Sport & Education Trust website via the following link: https://www.watfordfccsetrust.com/support/vacancies/
- Please send completed application form and equal opportunities form to email@example.com If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Tracy Bambrough, HR Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org