Interview date TBC
Summary of your role
As a weekend receptionist/duty officer you will welcome the community into the centre by providing a warm friendly welcome to all. Joining part of a friendly and supportive team, you will build your knowledge of what’s on offer at Meriden Community Centre so that you can share this with our customers. Alongside the centre manager and team, you will play a key role in promoting the centre, it’s programmes and activities and increasing footfall.
Your roles and responsibilities, but not Limited to
- Welcoming all customers to the centre ensuring they have an excellent customer experience.
- Utilise the management booking system, take customer bookings, payment collection and diary management purposes.
- Ensuring that customer records are accurately kept up to date both manually and electronically.
- Promote the centre to current and prospective customers/community groups to help the team increase income streams.
- Proactively promote hall hire for children’s parties and exercise classes.
- Promote and assist with increasing gym memberships.
- Update the centres’ social media platforms.
- Support the team with the weekend running of the centre and assisting with the ‘set up’ of activities.
You must have
- Understanding of the Trust commitment to EDI & Safeguarding.
- A natural ability to interact with all types of people.
- A passion for leisure, fitness and customer service.
- An ability to understand the individual needs and wants of our members and tailor your service and communication around them.
- Experience in an administrative/customer service/receptionist role.
- Sound understanding of financial controls.
- Proficient IT skills and experience using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience using booking systems to make bookings.
- Knowledge of GDPR and Safeguarding regulations.
- A drive to achieve and exceed targets.
To be successful you MUST be able to work Saturdays between 8.30hrs and 17.00hrs and Sundays between 8.45hrs and 14.15pm, plus flexibility to cover weekday shifts when required.
Watford Football Club’s Community Sports and Education Trust is a registered charity that has been proudly supporting people and communities for over thirty years, as originally established by Graham Taylor OBE and Sir Elton John. We continue this legacy today by engaging people of all ages and backgrounds through high-quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our Vision: Improving lives, enhancing communities.
Our Mission: Making a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity, and learning.
Our Values: To be honest, reliable, and trustworthy – Integrity. To be inclusive in all our decision-making – Inclusivity. To be bold and creative in the way we work – Innovation.
Our Culture: We are a values-based and vision-driven charity, who put our people and our beneficiaries at the heart of everything we do and why we do it.
Benefits of working for us
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are determined to utilise the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Friendly working environment.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Investors in People accreditation.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
- Free gym usage at our two community centres.
- Flexible working environment.
- Staff kit.
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holidays.
- Trust pension scheme.
- Birthday leave.
- Milestone recognition awards.
- On-site parking available.
Our commitment to you
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a role to play, to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed.
- If you would like to work for Watford FC CSE Trust as the Weekend Receptionist/Duty Officer, download an application form and equal opportunities form located on this page.
- Please send completed application form and equal opportunities form to email@example.com If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Tracy Bambrough, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org