Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you inspired to help support people with Learning Disabilities & Mental Illness?
Do you have a background in fitness and weight loss?
You will work alongside our Shape Up: Together programme lead to deliver 90-minute weight management & physical activity sessions for these specific groups.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Delivering safe and effective exercise for overweight and obese people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities & mental illness.
- Support individuals with nutritional advice & behaviour change.
- Create group cohesion through sound knowledge and fun sport and exercise.
- To work in a team to deliver excellent weight loss results across 12 week Shape Up courses.
You Must Have:
- Minimum L2 Fitness/Gym Instructor qualification.
- Experience working with adults in a fitness or lifestyle context.
- Be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of nutrition for weight loss.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Be able to motivate and facilitate weight reduction in adults.
- Must have a full and valid UK driving license & car access.
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- First Aid Qualification (in date).
- Safeguarding Qualification (in date).
- Experience working with Learning Disability, Physical Disability or Mental Illness.
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Chance to be part of a ‘first of its kind’ bespoke weight management programme.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Watford FC’s Community Trust as a Shape Up Coach download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Karen Stephanou, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Lead, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER.
- If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Karen Stephanou at Karen.Stephanou@watfordfc.com