Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas; Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, and these are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your Role:
You will coach and deliver 90 minute weight management sessions to overweight adults between 18 to 65 years of age with varying levels of mental health challenges and diagnoses, supported by an assistant coach and two mental health facilitators.
Your roles and responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Delivering safe and effective exercise for overweight members of the community that also have mental health challenges.
- To improve the overall wellbeing of our participants through presentation delivery & engaging exercise sessions.
- Support individuals with nutritional advice via PowerPoint & guided conversation (content pre-written by WFC Trust).
- Create group cohesion through sound knowledge and fun sport and exercise.
- To work cooperatively in a 2-coach team to deliver excellent weight loss results across 12 week Shape Up courses.
- To champion Watford Welcomes values and contribute to all Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) activities.
- To be responsible for your own behaviour and act in a manner that avoids and discourages any form of discrimination or harassment; to comply with Watford FC CSE Trust Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults across the business, ensuring that Trust policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed at all times.
You must have:
- Minimum L2 Fitness/Gym Instructor qualification.
- Experience working with adults in a fitness or lifestyle context.
- Be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of nutrition for weight loss.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Be able to motivate and facilitate weight reduction in adults.
- Must have a full and valid UK driving license & car access.
- Understanding of the Club’s commitment to EDI & Safeguarding.
You ideally would have:
- L3 Personal Trainer Qualification.
- L3 Exercise Referral Qualification.
- First Aid Qualification (in date).
- Safeguarding Qualification (in date).
- Experience or a personal interest in working with people with mental health challenges.
Benefits in working for us:
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are determined to utilise the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Friendly working environment.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Investors in People accreditation.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
- Flexible working environment.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a role to play, to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed.
- If you would like to work for Watford FC CSE Trust as the casual weight loss and mental health coach download an application form located on this page.
- Please send completed application form and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org If you receive the opportunity for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact email@example.com