Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
Are you a passionate team player who wants to make a positive difference to the mental and physical health of young people?
The Youth Health and Wellbeing Officer (YHWO) will lead a one-year NHS hospital charities funded pilot service, supporting young people presenting in West Herts with Lifestyle related health issues. The service will support young people via one-to-one sessions and signposting into appropriate services.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Effectively manage all day to day activities of the service.
- Providing high quality ongoing support to young people with complex issues.
- Managing project stakeholders, referrals and reporting lines.
- Development programme resources, building innovative content to make the biggest impact possible on the young person.
- Working with young people with Mild to moderate mental health issues to improve their mental wellbeing.
- Monitoring, evaluating and continuous improvement of service standards.
You will have (Essential):
- Current Emergency Aid and Safeguarding qualifications
- At least one years’ experience of working with children or young people with functional mental health problems.
- A good understanding of the major issues facing young people today and the affect this may have on them
- The ability to engage, motivate, inspire and mentor people towards achieving their goals
- Experience and success in building relationships and working collaboratively with a range of partners.
- A person-centred approach with the ability to build a rapport with young people quickly
- A passion to make a difference to young people with complex needs
- Proven examples of being a positive role model.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with a background in providing great customer care.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude, always looking for solutions to problems or issues.
Ideally Have (desirable):
- Level 2 Certificate in Youth Work Practice
- Mental Health First Aid Certificate
- A sound knowledge of the common mental health issues affecting young people (training can be provided)
- Proven experience of project/event management and experience of report writing.
- A flexible approach to work. You will be expected to work some evenings and weekends.
- Sensitive to the needs and issues of people trying to make behaviour changes.
- Demonstrable ability to work within recognised procedures which leave some room for initiative, including lone working.
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities.
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres.
- Flexible working environment.
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holiday’s (pro-rata).
- Great Trust pension scheme.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to work at Watford FC CSE Trust, please download an application form and a copy of the full job profile located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed application form and equal opportunities form to: email@example.com or by post to Stephen McCarthy – Business Support Officer, Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER.
- If you are invited for an interview, copies of all relevant qualifications, and a copy of your proof of right to work in the UK will be needed on the day.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Stephen McCarthy on Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org