Of Trust volunteers rated their volunteering experience with the Trust either Excellent or Good.
Active Volunteers working with the Trust.
Of Trust volunteers would recommend volunteering with the Trust to a friend or colleague.
Hours: Every home matchday
Location: Vicarage Road Stadium
About the Trust:
Our vision is to ‘improve lives, enhance communities’ and aim to ‘make a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity and learning’. We have developed a strong track record of delivering high quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our work focuses on three priority areas: Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Skills, and Social Inclusion, alongside a core theme of work in Football and Sports Development. These are all underpinned by our promise to deliver accessible opportunities.
Summary of your role:
All disabled supporters visiting Vicarage Road Stadium on a matchday are offered a seat side food and drink order and delivery service. The service is run by volunteers who take pre-match orders from supporters in accessible seating areas, before collecting and hand delivering these orders at half-time.
We are looking for two more volunteers to support this brilliant service, due to the recent addition of seating for disabled supporters between the upper and lower Graham Taylor stands.
Your key responsibilities:
- Arrive at the stadium 30-45 minutes before kick-off on a home matchday.
- In the 30 minutes prior to kick-off, talk to supporters, explain the service, and take any orders and payment for food and drink.
- Shortly after kick-off, place the orders with the kiosk and arrange for these to be collected 10 minutes before half time.
- Deliver each order to the relevant supporter.
What is in it for you?
- Chance to volunteer for an award-winning charity.
- Shadowing support will be provided for the first couple of matches until the volunteer is confident in the role.
- Food and drink voucher provided for each game.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
- If you would like to volunteer on a matchday, download a volunteer application form located on this page.
- Please send a fully completed volunteer application form via email to Paul.Palmer@watfordfc.com or by post to Paul Palmer to Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 0ER.
- If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Paul Palmer on 01923 496292.